Sunday, June 14, 2009

Off to Greenville, today!!

Well I missed posting as I said I would on Friday, lol. Been kind of busy. Want to make something happen just start yammering about it, lol. Seems Wednesday after I posted my post, that I got an interview with hospital (Pitt County) in Greenville, NC. Those people probably think I am nuts because I thought this job came from the new agency I had looking for me a job and as it turns out it was my original agency. Thank my lucky stars. Did my little telephone interview and was "hired". But...... I have to take this PBDS test. It is a test that tests your compentency, critical thinking skills and overall workability. Well.....it ain't no multiple choice, you have to pull these answers out of the air. Which I am so terrified that I will not do well on. It is not that I don't think I "know" the answers, it is you have to be very detailed and thorough. As in how to you go home from work every evening?? Think on that for a moment and think out loud what your answer would be. Now if you said I get in car and drive home, you have flunked, lmao. What they are looking for is, I tidy up my desk, punch out whatever. Walk to my car, unlock the doors, get into the drivers seat, place key in ignition, crank car, place seat belt on etc etc etc. And me I do so many things in nursing really without thinking that I am not sure I can be so detailed. Ugh, and then Ms Perfectionist kicks in and really frets about stuff.

Next problem, lol. This Pat person who I forget what title she holds but is like an educator or soemthing. She "coached" me on this test. Well she told me that I would report to Trailer 3 on monday at 8 am. They should be forwarding you all the information with maps etc that we sent them. (This was on Friday while I was at house working and did not get back home to email till after 5 pm) Well....... maps that came with stuff does not have no Trailer 3 marked on it, doesn't even have an X marks the spot where I am supposed to report. Have absolutely no clue where I am supposed to be at 8 am tomorrow morning. I did with much studying find the Human resources building ( I think) so when I get to Greenville this afternoon, will have to cruise that area and see if I can find this trailer 3. The Lord has brought me this far, surely He can deliver me to Trailer 3. I sure help He clears my mind and helps me to relax and pass this test tomorrow.

I think my hormones are kicking in also. Good golly all I have done is been near tears for last 3 days. Either hormones or just stress. Wish I would menopause on out and that crap be done.

My headaches have been waxing and waning this week. I can feel that achiness in the back of neck but not that pulsating headache I had at the first of the week. Just tension headaches now. Planning on driving on down to Greenville around 1 pm today, should get there around 430 pm. Find trailer 3. Find store, lmao, and buy some "refreshments" and find some supper. Check into hotel that agency has me booked in and then I am crashing and relaxing for the night. Will need to get in bed early tonight so I can get up early in morning. I must say it is a bit strange to be traveling without my Fancy. I have missed her several times and wonder if she has a good home yet. I know giving her up was for the best. I really do, but doesn't mean I won't continue to beat myself up over it. And of course today will be bad having to say good bye to my Aggie. I love that dog more than life. She has been the best baby to me. And will miss Sophie too, but she done took up with Granny so she doesn't miss me near as much as Aggie will.

Well I am off of here for now. Plans so far for week. Test monday. Report Tuesday and if pass fill out tons of paperwork and get badge stuff like that. Then Weds, Thurs and Friday have orientation and classes. Hope all of you have a great week!! Loves Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment